Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Was I a thief ??


hi folks,
This standard greeting will follow you in all my posts much the same way as thefts and thieves have followed me all these while. My tryst with thieves have been funnily painful, as in the way that I couldn't do anything about them, let alone report those thefts to the much feared POOOLEES THANA!! Allow me to describe the three encounters that I had with thieves whom I have never seen till date.
16th June 2003: In spite of mom saying that I should take the seven seater to the school, I took out my bike [ read bicycle ] which was shining as if new. I had cleaned it the day before and so it was ready to take me to the school where I had to complete my admission formalities to join eleventh standard. I parked it outside the school gate and went inside. After one hour I came back outside and needless to say the rest is history. It was very hard for me to forget this loss, as I often used to dream riding the bike to school on seeing others do the same.
25th May 2006: In november 2003, I won a bicycle as a consolation audience prize in 'The Hindu Quiz'. And again after enjoying it for three years, one fateful day I parked it inside my enginering college campus. Later in the evening, I found it missing. Rather I must say it was stolen. I couldn't even shed tears as it was raining. Drenched fully, I was left recalling the same experience I had precisely three years ago.
14/15 November 2009: I boarded the Navjeevan express from Warangal at 2015 hrs on my way back to IIM A. Dad wanted me to take the flight but I insisted on the train taking the cost factor into account. Never ever did I knew that this trip would cost me more than the flight ticket. The dates are ambiguous because the theft happened around midnight when I was fast asleep on the top berth. After having dinner, I slept at 2200 hrs. At around 0300 hrs, I woke up and came down to check my luggage. I had chained my two suitcases earlier. The one which had my laptop,passport and my new jeans along with some clothes was .... The other one was safe. I don't know whether the thief had any X-ray glasses with him or what, but he got it right. The chain was broken with the lock intact. Within a few minutes the railway police came, and the rest 17 hrs that I spent in the train was no less than hell for me. I could neither cry nor remain depressed for there were other passengers in the coach who knew about the theft. But fortunately not many were aware that I was the one. I experienced first hand how the police officials start their investigations. They do nothing but write a report and wash their hands off the matter.
And my life goes on... I wonder sometimes whether I was a thief in my pichley janm mein. And there's a pattern to these thefts. They have occurred right after three years and the value stolen physically and emotionally has only increased. And the funny part is, in all these thefts I had with me the keys to the locks which are now useless. I hope like the movie 2012 which depicts the destruction of earth in the year 2012, the same year which is 3 years from now doesn't bring with it yet another theft in my adventurous life!!

regards,
taureansandy

No comments: