Saturday, September 5, 2009

On a more serious note.......

Hi folks,
Well it seems my very informal style of writing with lots of full stops didn't go down well with some readers or that is what I inferred from the feedbacks which I received. But I was appreciated for the content and generous doses of humour I try to put in my posts. Thank god I got some conditional positive strokes at least. So here I am writing again but this time taking care of every punctuation mark that I can !!
It was during last week, when it was raining a lot here at campus that I realised I haven't fully explored nature inside the campus. I was walking in the corridor at LKP and suddenly I noticed a Lapwing running on the lush green meadows looking for food. It was a visual treat to say the least !! Its been years since I have watched such exotic birds anywhere. I am quite sure there are many such birds out here. I have heard there are also Vultures inside the campus. Would love to watch one soon, if TIME permits. Perhaps I am making an excuse, I have to make time if I am really interested right !! With exams approaching, and the placement season starting soon I wonder if its of use nurturing such ambitions of bird watching etc etc. But who cares anyway, the CT guys use plastics as if they are gifted to them by GOD himself. One whole plastic cover for a small cup of Cold coffee. Does that make sense? But who cares ! I have seen people locking their rooms with the lights and fans still operating inside. But who cares anyway? The institute pays the bill right, or we have paid the bills right (read fees) !! I don't have the moral authority to preach because there have been instances where I was also guilty of not turning off lights when attending nature calls !! But folks, lets act like WIMWIANS yaar. I heard somebody commenting " What is this bullshit Vulture awareness week?" after he saw the poster near the mess notice board. Guys if you can't appreciate nature, then at least don't make such irresponsible comments. That's the least you can do for Mother Nature.
One fine day we all shall end up there from where we came from-"MOTHER NATURE".

regards,
taureansandy

2 comments:

Prasad Dhake said...

Don't make Motherhood statements yaar

varrach11 said...

Come down from the stratosphere yaar!!