Monday, October 5, 2009

The week that was......

Hi folks,
Kya kahoon. The last week was one of those rare weeks which would remain etched forever in my mind for years to come. Should I be sad or ecstatic about the events which happened with me last week?? My dormmate and batchmate at IIM-A, "GaaGu" as we fondly called him in our dorm suddenly expired last week. The turn of the events was so unexpected that everyone was in a state of shock. We, his dormmates knew he was ill and had been admitted to a hospital. But everyone was thinking that it was a normal illness and he would recover and come back soon. It was sunday and I was in the CyberLab when I received a DBab unicast from my friend saying that GaaGu has been put on a ventilator. I was shocked and we first decided to visit the hospital to check him out. Then the plan was cancelled as the visiting hours were over. We decided to visit him the next day. Little did we realise what was in store for all of us.
GaaGu was a shy and reserved guy. Typically the one who takes his time to open upto people. A 9 pointer at IIT Madras, Inter-IIT TT champion, winner of many prestigious quiz competitions and many more. He was born to excel in Acads. But yeh Zindagi bhi ajeeb hai na. Jisko mauka chahiye usko deti nahi hai!! He was special. So special that God wanted him dearly, and so he took him away. The after effects of his demise were starkly visible in the dorm. For about two days, the dorm was in such a silence mode that the ambience was frightening. Nobody talked. The silence was truly frightening. But we realised we had to move on. I for a moment realised that the hectic and the rigorous schedule we are subjected to here can make us forget the importance and the value of life. And GaaGu's demise was one such event which inadvertently made not only me but everyone else realise that its important to just feel alive, Just breathe in a whiff of fresh air and remind yourself that you are alive. We have been so busy that we have forgotten to remind ourselves that we are ALIVE. Life is not to be taken for granted but alas, we are doing just that.
I mentioned the word ecstatic because after a gap of full 8 years, I again got in touch with my dear childhood friend. The medium was ORKUT. It felt great when I received a call from --- and we together relived those old golden memories. I can't describe how happy I was talking with my long lost dear friend. Truly Ek na ek din tho milna hi tha, kyonki yeh zindagi bahut choti hai aur hamein kai baar milna hai. Sounds familiar right. Yaah!! An easy one. This is the dialogue from HUM TUM. By the way You guys/gals wanna hear what happened to HUM TUM after their visit to WIMWI. Then follow my posts to hear the news soon. Hum had come just yesterday in my dreamland and narrated his -----iful experiences with TUM in WIMWI, while we were busy mugging during our Slot 2 exams!!

regards,
taureansandy

No comments: