Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sandeep calling Sandy

Sandy: Hey dude ...how r u doing?
Sandeep: Hello sandy, I am fine how are you?
Sandy: Rocking mann.... Living an awesome life out here...
Sandeep: Cool, U must be enjoying a lot right!!
Sandy: Yup...Not like you mugging all the way in dat place...I forgot its name..wat is it?
Sandeep: My friend, it is IIM Ahmedabad. The toughest B School to get into.
Sandy: watever, I don't care. Its a damn assembly factory churning out nerds yearly....u guys r crazy abt numbers and money right!!
Sandeep: I beg to differ. You might be true in some sense, but we come out ready to face all the difficulties in life.
Sandy: nd in dat process u guys forget how to enjoy life... Thank heavens I haven't written CAT....Now u see I roam with hot chicks on my bike, have a fair job with a MNC.... nd u sleep hardly for 5 hours spoiling ur health...wat rubbish dude!!
Sandeep: Hmmm... I guess I shall also enjoy much more than you later.
Sandy: By the way, how many girlfriends do u have??
Sandeep: How many!! Are you nuts? I have friends some of whom are girls.
Sandy: I pity you dude... If u wanna learn some tips do call me... hehe :)
Sandeep: Thanks sandy. But I guess I won't need your tips.... I have lot more to do than just be desperate about girls.
Sandy: C'mon dude...don't sound like a loser... learn to enjoy mann.... when will you live life? After ur retirement??
Sandeep: Anyways, hows your family doing?
Sandy: Doing great, but as usual my dad's worried abt me. he's not even happy that I earn 3oooo bucks a month.
Sandeep: Anyways, keep in touch. Its time for me to go.
Sandy: bye dude... nd chill... U will realise this some day..

After a few years, somewhere in Goa:

Sandeep: Excuse me, can you book...... Hey, Sandy!! How are you? And how come you....Are you...
Sandy: Hi mann...Yup I am the receptionist here.... So you with your girlfriend?
Sandeep: No, I am with my family nd some of my dear friends for a holiday. I needed a break desperately...That's why I am here
Sandy: So how many rooms should I book?
Sandeep: 5 deluxe ones please
Sandy: Yah sure

After 4 hours

Sandeep: What happened Sandy?
Sandy: I am sorry yaar.. You were correct. I wasn't serious enough about my life
Sandeep: Hmmm.... Anyways I am happy now that you appear to be a changed man.
Sandy: I guess so... Working here since I left home... I couldn't stand my dad's taunts.. I wanted to prove him wrong
Sandeep: I am happy for you... So are you in touch with your family?
Sandy: I speak sometimes with my sis and mom... Haven't spoke with dad since days.
Sandeep: Then you must speak with him too.. He will feel good
Sandy: R u kidding me? Whose father will be happy to hear his son workin as a receptionist being overqualified for that?
Sandeep: Trust me, just make a call and speak with him now. My friends and parents are waiting for me at the beach.So got to go...

As Sandeep was walking down the street towards the beach where his friends and family were waiting for him, tears rolled down Sandy's eyes. He realised how his life turned upside down only because he failed to take his relationships seriously, how his so called Lady love left him because he was spending all his money on booze and pubs....Then something struck his eyes....A father was saying sorry to his son, who was upset that his father didn't buy him a Chocolate. As the father apologised, the son gave a big smile and hugged his father. He realised that it's never too late for a reconciliation.

Sandy: Hello, ma, how are you?
Ma: I am fine son, are you eating properly?
Sandy: Yah mom... ma, is dad nearby?
Ma: yah son, He's having his cup of tea...
Sandy: Can you put the phone on speaker mode?
Ma: Here you go...
Sandy: Hii dad, this is your son... Calling from Goa...
Father: Son........(Long silent pause....tears rolling down his eyes)
Sandy: I am sorry dad... nothing more to say.. I am working hard here....I am independent but I am missing you nd your taunts dad...
Father: (Wiping his eyes nd bursting to laughter)..... U haven't lost ur sense of humuor....Thanks to Jesus.... I forgave u long back..... Ur my son silly fellow... U came to this world because of me..How can I be angry with myself?? Haan....
Sandy: I have lost my golden years wasting it away.... Can I come home dad?
Father: U rascal, I will beat you again if u utter those words .....
And both of them burst out into laughter......

Sandeep: Hey come on, join us
Sandy: Yah .....
Sandeep: What happened? why are you looking at her that way? Isn't she "hot"?
Sandy: Hey, did you just now said "hot"?? I can't believe u said that....
Sandeep: Why, can't I say that my wife is "hot"? Haan....
Sandy: Mann...Is she your wife?? God bless you both...
Sandeep: Hey, something's wrong!! Where are your "Dudes" and "manns"??
Sandy: Thanks yaar...I spoke with my dad... Going permanently to home... I will find a job there itself and live with them...
Sandeep: I am so happy for you.... Nothing can be more precious than the love you receive from your friends and family.. I am happy you realise this...
Sandy: Yah I sure do now :)



PS: The above work is just an imaginary piece of fiction and bears no resemblance to persons and things whatsoever. Any sort of resemblance is just a mere coincidence.!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How can anyone be so arrogant? You actually think that someone who is not doing an mba is wasting his life. BTW I was shown this blog as a joke. I hope someone outside IIMA does not think IIMA is full of people like you !!

Cheeku said...

its pretty 'normal' and infact self imposed superiority of a below average stereotypical thinker ...

and check your language boy ..!!
guess you have not revised english grammar ever since you 'cracked' CAT ..